Friday, January 01, 2010

Hi, MHI!

This morning, I made my debut as host for TV3's morning show MALAYSIA HARI INI (MHI), and boy did I have tons of fun. It was made easier by the fact that it was a special episode, so we had all 8 hosts for 2010 coming on, making it more like a cosy chit chat session. With a couple of million people watching at home lah. :)
...

But seriously, after the initial jitters, I think things went quite well. Thank God. Of course, I've been a guest on the show numerous times, but anchoring it was a whole different ballgame. Apart from yours truly, the other new hosts are Annahita Bakavoli, an actress and ex Dewi Remaja champ, and Zakiah Anas, who's known for another TV3 show, 999.


So, how did I get the gig in the first place? Well, some months back, the boss of Primeworks magazine dept casually asked me by the lift if I was interested to host the show. It came from out of the blue, and honestly I didn't really know what to think then.

After a couple of weeks of contemplation, I got back to him and said I'd give it a shot. In my mind, even if I didn't get the gig, I'd at least learn about the whole process.

So for the past couple of weeks, I went thru some mock-runs with other potential hosts. And one fine afternoon, I got the call to say that I got the job. And that was it really.
...

And so this morning, I made my debut with the rest of the gang. The new set looks bangin as well, and with the introduction of some new segments, MHI promises to be a good watch every weekday. So really, the New Year has started rather well. Hope to improve all the time though, starting this coming Monday. Wish me more luck, peeps!

10 comments:

rizal hashim said...

All the best to you, Sir. I'm one of those who surf the morning talk shows on tv1, tv2, tv3, awani and ntv7 after completing my chauffeur duties!

M.Zul said...

Thanks bro! I'll be on once a week this month... i see you on some sports programs as well :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations..i hope u will take MHI to better heights...bringing it at par with the International talk shows..shying from the stereotype Malaysian hosts.We don't need another "brainless" chats on air (not MHI by the way)I would appreciate if you could help me. My company is interested in being a guest in MHI. How can we do this? It's so difficult to get to the right contact person. I really appreciate if you could help me on this. We have interesting topics to share with MHI viewers.(We do not mind of the cost if within our budget) Thanks

M.Zul said...

Thank you Siti. Will do my best.

BTW, saudara Fedtri juga adalah salah seorang penerbit MHI. Mungkin boleh email beliau di fedtri@tv3.com.my atau email terus kpd saya mzulkifli@tv3.com.my dan boleh saya panjangkan kpd beliau

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I am really grateful that you actually replied and did it quickly (no offence to you ya..coming from my experience most of them in your position wouldn't.)Coming back to our request, what I will do next is that I will email you of our intentions hopefully by the end of today and we could take from there. I wish you all the best and I hope we shall be able to be "rub shoulders" soon. :)

Anonymous said...

will support u also .. tonton.com.my

Penyiasat said...

dear zul

you have done agood job

dato' akhbar satar

akhbar.satar@gmail.com

M.Zul said...

tq dato :)

- said...

salam en zul, bagaimanakah cara untuk apply " kerja" or practical specifically di dept mhi?

what's the proper way to apply?tq

Unknown said...

salam


en zul, saya nak promosi satu event ni.. nak masukkkan slot kat MHI.. saya nak terus email kepada siapa ye surat? atau saya email kat dua2 email di bawah ye..kejap lagi saya hantar. thank you

fedtri@tv3.com.my / mzulkifli@tv3.com.my

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin