Friday, February 25, 2011

Oscar 2011 Predictions

So, the Oscars are just around the corner, and here are my simple predictions:
...BEST PICTURE“Black Swan”
“The Fighter”
“Inception”
“The Kids Are All Right ”
“The King’s Speech”
“127 Hours”
“The Social Network”
“Toy Story 3″
“True Grit”
“Winter’s Bone”

So many great movies this year really, and there are actually a couple more that should be on the list, including "The Town". And for most of 2010, I had "Inception" on the top of my list, until I saw "The Social Network". I've picked "The King's Speech" to win Best Picture on other forums, but I'm boldly changing my mind now and putting my money on "The Social Network", a masterpiece of a film featuring the finally realised dream team of David Fincher and Aaron Sorkin.
...
...
BEST DIRECTOR
Darren Aronofsky for “Black Swan”
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen for “True Grit”
David Fincher for “The Social Network”
Tom Hooper for “The King’s Speech”
David O. Russell for “The Fighter”

The Academy has been itching to give this to Fincher, and whaddya know? He has a film that would deserve him the win this year. David Fincher to win. Press "Like" here...
BEST ACTOR
Javier Bardem in “Biutiful”

Jeff Bridges in “True Grit”
Jesse Eisenberg in “The Social Network”
James Franco in “127 Hours”
Colin Firth in “The King’s Speech”
Oh man, I thought James Franco was absolutely brilliant in "127 Hours". Despite knowing what's gonna happen, and the fact that Franco had little interaction with anything/anyone else, he kept me at the edge of my seat while stirring my inner emotions with mere grunts and facial expressions. And Eisenberg gave a credible breakout performance as Mark Zuckerberg. BUT taking home the award will be Colin Firth, who did a splendid job in portraying a flawed British royal.
BEST ACTRESS
Annette Bening in “The Kids Are All Right”

Nicole Kidman in “Rabbit Hole”
Jennifer Lawrence in “Winter’s Bone”
Natalie Portman in “Black Swan”
Michelle Williams in “Blue Valentine”
Portman gave the performance of her lifetime (so far). I was terrified and absorbed in the story of the stuggles of a BALLERINA, for God's sake. And finally, I can look past the Bollywood debacle that was "Attack of the Clones". Natalie Portman to win....

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
"How to Train Your Dragon"
"The Illusionist"
"Toy Story 3"

"How To Train Your Dragon" really delighted me last year, but "Toy Story 3" made me care and cry a little bit at the end. Woody & Co will take home the trophy...
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
"127 Hours"
"The Social Network"
"Toy Story 3"
"True Grit"
"Winter's Bone"

I have all 7 seasons of "The West Wing" on original DVD, AND, the flop that was "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip". Which means I'm a hardcore Aaron Sorkin fan. OF COURSE he will win!

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
"Another Year"
"The Fighter"
"Inception''
"The Kids Are All Right"
"The King's Speech"

"The King's Speech" was all about Firth and the dialogue. Another no-brainer here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin