Friday, October 19, 2007

Dudes, I'm Rich!

... um, well, not really. But I DID receive a royalty check for a book I co-authored sometime ago called Punched Lines: Sit Down Comedy From Southeast Asia. The magic amount? Read 'em and weep...


9.58 Brunei dollars! Awesome huh? I can now afford a couple of Mars bars. Woohoo!
m.zulkifli
All jokes aside, I was pleasantly surprised when I got the check in the mail, 'cos it means that the book is still selling, after FIVE years!!! 129 copies in the past year, ok? And the first couple of years, we did sell a few THOUSAND copies here in Malaysia, Brunei and Singapore. Can tahan one...


Published by Brunei Press, the idea for the book actually came from me and my ex-editor Helena Hon. We wanted to compile our funny short stories and when she got a job at Brunei Press, she pushed the idea to the publisher and they actually ok-ed the book! From just us, it became 10 writers from Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei.

When it was released here, we even had a mini tour and everything. You can read all about it here. Meantime, I'm heading for the nearest 7-11 for some Mars bars...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You looked a lot smaller then. Kinda look like Dr Sheikh the angkasawan.

Aziya said...

nak top-up hp credit utk seminggu pun tak cukup weh...hahhaha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin