Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Larian 40 Taman: Taman Subang Ria

Another good run it was at Taman Subang Ria in Subang Jaya, the sixth in the series of Larian 40 Taman 100 Kilometer. It started a bit late though as some runners couldn't find the entry point that was proposed. In fact, I myself got it wrong when I waited for the rest outside the entrance. Luckily one of the (new) runners spotted me and suggested that we drove inside and look for the car park.

By the time we got in, some runners were already waiting, while others were communicating with me, trying to find their way there. This was in fact my first time at the Taman. Strange, considering that I used to stay in the area during my matriculation days. Maybe I've been here before, but not for running though, hehe.


Anyway, it was great to see some new faces making it for this run. And of course, it's always fantastic to see the "hardcore" runners as well. Will write about them soon enough.

I gave away some T-Shirts and we started the run after a short warm-up session.



The jogging track's rather flat with a short incline at the end (if you're running anti-clockwise).


But things got a lot more interesting after one lap when it started to drizzle. We continued to run though, and although it stopped drizzling for a while, those who continued with a third round (or more), had to negotiate with an even heavier drizzle!



And with that, history was made, as it was the first time that runners of Larian 40 Taman had to run in the rain! Haha.

But again, it was a really enjoyable run. I finished three loops, which was the average, while there were those who went on for five rounds. Bravo!



For full report, click HERE

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin