Sunday, February 05, 2012

Larian 40 Taman: Taman KLCC

Another good run it was at Taman KLCC this past Saturday, the fifth in the series of Larian 40 Taman 100 Kilometer. In fact, it was a very beautiful morning and I myself was more than looking forward to running there for the very first time.


I got there slightly after 7am, and already a few of the Larian 40 Taman regulars were waiting for me. These guys totally rock, I tell ya. And as promised, I gave out the exclusive T-shirts to the first 10 earlybirds as well.

Also present was a photographer from the New Straits Times. I had done a phone interview a couple of days earlier, and the photog was there to snap a few portrait and group shots. Hopefully the story will come out by next week the latest. It would certainly boost the profile of this small effort of mine!


After the obligatory warm up session, we began our run. The target was to run two rounds, one loop being approximately 1.3km.


I've read so many blogs that raved about the jogging track here and I could see why. It's well maintained, easy to run on and the views are just spectacular.




We did a total distance of 2.64km and everyone was in good spirits at the end of the run. After some photo-taking (but of course), we then adjourned to Pelita nearby for breakfast.

What's great about this event as well is how people are simply making new and meaningful acquantainces. Some have seen each other at running events before but had never said hello to each other till now. And that's just lovely, in my mind : )

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin