Friday, April 22, 2011

Green Day Blu Ray/CD: Awesome As F**K

My eyes literally popped out when I saw this at the friendly neighbourhood Rock Corner store. If you remember, last year, I made the trip down to Singapore to watch the awesome threesome, and they completely blew me away. And till today, that Green Day gig is still rated as the BEST EVER CONCERT I've seen in my life (in case you're wondering, Bon Jovi in 1995 is at number two).

So when I saw this at the store, it took me all of 2 seconds to part with the RM79.90 I had in my pocket. The sweet part is that, it comes with both a blu ray disc and an audio CD, although the track list for both are different.



The concert featured on the blu ray is the one shot in Japan, which was only a few days after the Singapore gig.

Here's the set list:
21st Century Breakdown
Know Your Enemy
East Jesus Nowhere
Holiday
Static Age
Viva La Gloria
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Burnout
Geek Stink Breath
Welcome To Paradise
When I Come Around
My Generation
She
21 Guns
American Eulogy
Jesus of Suburbia
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)


But it's quite disappointing that almost 10 full songs have been chopped out from the actual concert set. Even the funny bits in between are nowhere to be seen. And somehow, although the Japanese crowd was equally boisterous, the energy level was not at the same level as it was in the Lion City.

STILL, it's a rockin' piece of material and I would recommend it to any fan. Especially since you get the audio CD in the pack. The CD has more songs culled from their performances from all over the world including London, Dublin, Brisbane and Berlin. And that's the CD that will remain in my car player for a long, long while...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin