Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bonjour, Paris!

So, after 5 days in Cannes, it was time for a weekend in Paris (chewah). But while the flight from Nice to Paris took about an hour and forty minutes, it took me a couple of hours to finally get to my hotel at Boulevard Girabaldi.
......
But hey, the hotel's at a great location, and after a quick shower, I was ready for some serious sightseeing. And when I say "great location", I mean it's very near to the Eiffel Tower. How near? "Just go straight, and after ze first building, turn left, and voila, Eiffel Tower," said the hotel reception. (It's actually a 10min walk though)

And when I finally got upclose, it really blew me away...
...


I mean, it's just truly a magnificent structure, one of those that you've got the see it for yourself to really appreciate.



After picking up some souvenirs, hooked myself up with a tour bus. And for Euro24, I got myself a 2-day ticket on the Les Cars Rouges which dutifully took us to all the must-see spots in the city.
...


It was a really relaxing journey that took us to the Grand Palais, Invalides, Notre Dame, Madeleine, among other places.
...

But it wasn't until we reached Arc De Triomphe at Champs Elysees that I decided to hop off the bus for a spot of shopping. Ahem.
...

Recognised as one of the world's most famous shopping districts, there were indeed a 1001 ways to max out your credit card(s).
...

The next morning, it was time for me to see the city on foot. My ultimate destination was Musee de Louvre, and although it took me longer than expected, the sheer beauty of the city made it all worthwhile.
....
 
.I mean, although my legs were a bit koyak after about 40mins of walking, the cool autumn air and the serenity of the Seine helped me out a great deal.
..



.
But boy was I glad when I finally reached the Louvre...
...

.
And since I got there early, the line to get in wasn't that long. Phew!
...

And really, it was dream come true for a history lover such as myself to be inside the most famous museum in the whole wide world. Especially since I got to be within touching distance of these two beauties...
...
..
1. Venus de Milo, and...
...
..
2. The Mona Lisa (but of course)
...

...Mission accomplished, I went home a happy man. Merci and au revior!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.... :)

Anonymous said...

You've posted on 2 of my most favourite cities - Seoul and Paris. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin