Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Visit Britain: Coventry

Why the hell was I in Coventry City? Well, I had some free time on my hands, and standing there at the Birmingham International train terminal, I thought, “Hmm… let’s take the first train out, no matter where it’ll take me”. As it turned out, Coventry was cool. And thank God I didn’t end up somewhere like Scunthorpe!

Following my excellent traveler instinct, I ended up at the main market/shopping centre which is about a 5-min walk from the train station.
...

Some decent shops they have and it took me a couple of hours to go in and out of most of them.

Weather’s not unlike Birmingham (11-15c), but it did drizzle a bit now and then, which made things interesting for me. I’ve always loved playing run-like-hell-for-shelter.
...

I imagine the city’s economy is partly boosted by the large student community as the Coventry University lies smack in the middle of town.

Towering cathedrals make the city even more interesting especially for the snap-happy visitors.
...
Saw the pride of Malaysia parked along the road as well and of course I had to snap a pic lah.
...
What else do they have in Coventry? Well, a big fat Ikea!
...

Overall, a good 5-6 hours spent. But er, no adult stores lah...

2 comments:

Alam Setia said...

nak cenderahati dari sana....boleh ya

Anonymous said...

Scunthorpe .... why dont u wanna go there? They gave Liverpool Ray Clemence and Kevin Keegan mah

Fowler is God but Torres is the new Almighty

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin