Monday, September 03, 2012

London Called And So Here I Am!

As I'm writing this, it's 4.44am London Time and I've been tossing and turning for more than an hour. Yup, I'm jet lagged and now, slightly bored and "mati kutu". Hehe.

It's my 2nd night here, having arrived on Saturday night after a 16-hour journey via Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific. I'm putting up at this strategically-located apartment with not one, but TWO flat screen TVs. Hehe.

OK, I'm rambling here. You might already know that I'm here to do an intensive filmmaking course at the Central Film School for the whole month of September. Yup, another dream coming true for lucky yours truly...

The school is located at Wentworth Street, near Aldgate and adjacent to the world-famous Brick Lane. And so, I spent the whole day yesterday getting acquainted with the route I'll be taking everyday from the apartment.

And yes, the great news is, the school is within walking distance and the route itself is nice and picturesque. One of the best parts? Passing by the Tower Bridge from my place at Tower Bridge Road. Jealous already? Hehe...

But the great thing too is that I've got various alternatives getting to the school. Apart from walking it, I could also take the tube, the bus, or even cycle...

So, after the Tower Bridge, it's basically a straight forward walk up to Aldgate and then turning right into Wentworth. Must say that I'm kinda familiar with the area having stayed at hotel near here before.

But still, it was a good recce mission for me as I pretty much know where all the important stuff is now; supermarket, ATM, mosque and the halal KFC : )

Also did some groceries; yes, I'm gonna soo rock some scrambled eggs and French toast...

And yes, I'm already enjoying running here. I mean on the very first day yesterday, I had already taken on two of London's iconic bridges...

Ok then, still have 4 hours before the first day of class starts. Doubt if I can go back to sleep, so I might just whip out some scrambled eggs right about now. Toodles!

4 comments:

theroyalmonkey said...

to be in my wish lists... thanks boss... :)

xitane said...

MHI will not be the same without you! All the best though and keep running!

Iskandar aka DR Bubbles said...

Ah, Petticoat Lane. Seronoknya!

M.Zul said...

Xitane, only for a while. Will be back on MHI after this : )

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin