Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hot Topic 20/2

So just moments ago, Tiger Woods made his much-awaited apology on TV. It wasn't really a news conference as there no questions allowed, and reactions have been mixed so far.
...

Personally, I think a sit down interview with say, Larry King, would have been more appropriate and sincere. The apology did look and feel extremely rehearsed. So points have to be taken off there.

But the real question is, does the world forgive him now?

Well, does it even really matter?

As pointed out by some in twitterverse, he owes the biggest apology to his family. The rest of us don't really matter.

I mean, I've been a fan since forever, and what I've always admired about Tiger is his athletic abilities. That's all really. And because of that, I've bought his shirts and caps, and magazines with his mug on the cover. Didn't really know or care about his personal life.

But of course there would be those who would argue that he's cheated all of us by putting on this wholesome image of a superfamilyman all this while. And that it wouldn't have mattered if he had played his cards the way, say, Mike Tyson did. Which was basically, "I'll do whatever I want cos I'm a thug and I'll always be one".

So in case you're wondering, as a fan, yeah I forgive him. He screwed up and I truly hope things will work out between him and his wife Elin.

After which, I sure as hell would want to see him back on the course wowing us with his athletic abilities again. After all, this IS the Year of the Tiger...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin