Friday, August 03, 2012

Las Vacas @ Jalan Yap Kwan Seng

Those who know me, know that I have this ongoing love affair with Las Vacas. Yes, the steakhouse lah. Where got senorita named Las Vacas one? Hehe.

So if you wanna know how much I adore their steaks, just click HERE . As such, I won't be repeating myself here and go straight to the point of introducing you folks to their new outlet at Jalan Yap Kwan Seng (previously Tony Roma's).


Las Vacas started as a butchery in Kelana Jaya, that's why their outlet there and in Mont Kiara are far from being fancy schmancy. You don't really go there for the ambience, although I do love the homey feel of the KJ outlet. BUT the new place at Jalan Yap Kwan Seng is a proper restaurant with better decor and lighting : )


And the best part? The menu here is also more extensive. If everything is rather basic and simple and the other two outlets, there's a lot more stuff for appetisers, mains, desserts and drinks here. We tried out the mozzarella sticks to whet our appetite and it was pretty good. We're told that the head chef is an experienced chap with a love for all things Italian.


Then we moved to the steaks and ordered our usuals (I know I know, need to break out of the rib-eyes and striploins, hehe). No disappointments there, either.


Although we were quite full by then, we decided to try out a couple of the desserts; the tiramisu (with no alcohol, of course) and panna cotta. Both were pretty delicious although we didn't like how the panna cotta (not pictured) was served in a normal plastic cup!


Overall, a good first experience. Great food with better ambience, and as co-owner Freddy pointed out, at the same prices. Can imagine myself spending a LOT of time here. : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bila mau belanja?
kan u dah ada big role in www.sports247.my hehehehe

Fowler is God

Hogaruddin said...

tried the one in Mont Kiara. Not very impressed with the presentation and taste. I think MeatWorks serve very much better Steak. Even the side orders is more superior.

M.Zul said...

"Hogaruddin", Mont Kiara and KJ outlets, as I wrote, are not proper restaurants. They started as a butchery but because of demand, they added on tables and chairs for people to dine in. That's why they do not have fancy side orders as well.

I guess it's a matter of taste. I've been to meatworks a couple of times and found their steaks to be ordinary. Not to my liking at all...

Khairulanuar a.k.a. Sting said...

Dont really trust anything written by a scouser fan but I'm gonna check the place out. Peace

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin