Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Favourite Stuff Of 2010

It's that time of the year where everyone cranks out their year-end list. Here's my first one:

Film
 Inception

The hype was easily met. And then some. Mind-bogglingly awesome, it was one of those films you simply didn’t want to end.

...Blu-Ray
Avatar
A cinematic spectacle, James Cameron’s masterpiece holds up well on Blu-Ray as well. With loads of extra stuff for the truly obsessed.

... ..Concert
Green Day in SingaporeNot only the best of the year. But the best EVER. Seeing my favourite band playing a flawless, rockin’ set was a dream come true indeed. I still have chills just thinking about it.

... .....Musical Theatre 
Amy: Satu MasaA bold attempt that really paid off for the legendary rocker. Amy rocked, serenaded and opened up to show us sides of him we never saw before. Truly memorable.
......
Guilty Pleasure
Katie Perry's "California Gurls"
Hated the tune when it first came out, but now, I can't get enough of it. Everybody now... "Cah lee for nia gurls, they're unforgettable..."

......TV Show
Malaysia Hari Ini So OK, I'm biased, but it's not the number one morning show on TV for nothing, ok?

...Sporting Event 
The World Cup England flopped yet again, but South Africa did a brilliant job at hosting the tournament despite all the doubts.

Book
I'll Mature When I'm Dead by Dave Barry If you didn't know yet, Barry's my favourite writer of all time. And this one's another classic!
... 
Gadget 
iPad Thought I could resist jumping on the bandwagon. But Mr. Jobs really knows marketing, and of course, what makes a good product. (And we all stopped laughing at the name eventually, didn't we?)

Website
Tonton.com.my
Yup, biased again, but it's a whole new way to watch TV. Kau mampu??? Hahaha...
... ... 
App
Flipboard

A “social magazine” with all the stuff that matters to me. It doesn’t get any better than that.
. 
Vacation 
UK (again) Only ‘cos we went to Shakspeare’s freakin house this time around!
... ... 
Food 
Macarons
And I was lucky enough to taste the real thing. You know, the ones from France!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin