Sunday, October 31, 2010

Food, Glorious Food!: October Edition

So, for an ardent foodie, I know that I don't blog enough about food. Cos really, I prefer to actually eat, rather than write about eating. But since there's been some demand, I present to you a new, soon-to-be-recurring segment called "Food, Glorious, Food".

Armed with a new Canon camera, I will be bringing to you lot, the best of what I've consumed over the past month. This is not a proper food review tho, so don't expect info like addresses and pricing (pasal makan, janganlah kedekut, ok?). The only objective is to make you drool. Cool? OK, here we go:

Yup, I went to France (Cannes and Paris) earlier in the month, so here's some of the scrumptious stuff I had.
...
Seafood was aplenty, so indulge was what I did. Best part?
Some people at my table here "can't eat oysterslah. so funny".
So, it was all mine... MINE... muahaha
...
"You must try the gelato, ok boss?!": everyone kept telling me.
So I tried it out. A couple of times. For five days straight...But of course, the best of the lot was this...
...
Back in Malaysia, October was also a good month for trying out a couple of new things...

Instead of going for the normal coffee after a spot of shopping at KLCC,
we decided to go a bit English and try out "Afternoon Tea" at Chinoz on the Park.
...The highlight was indeed the scones... Yum
Before you think I don't eat rice, check out this following totally-kampung spread at Desa Paku Restaurant in Ara Damansara...
...
Daging salai lemak, pucuk manis labu, ayam kampung, ayam rempah,
keli berlada, ikan masin, ulam. Amacam?...And in case you're wondering, keli is indeed one of my favourite fish :)

Mantap...
...
And oh, how can I possibly go one month, no, one WEEK, without paying a visit to my favourite steak place of ALL TIME, Las Vacas :)
...
Seriously, this Black Angus Ribeye was sooo good,
I would have paid a thousand bucks for it. Maybe
...
On another trip, it was the lamb burger for me...
...It had been a while since our last trip to Wondermilk, so that was just what we did one balmy weekend afternoon.

But instead of just cupcakes, I had this... Super Beef Fries. Giler best
...
And finally, time for some awesome seafood. Which we had just earlier this evening. Located near Terminal 3 of the Subang Airport, South Sea Seafood has been around for yonks, but this was our first-ever visit. Turned out to be a really good one.
...
Kerapu in soya sauce

Local crabs in salted egg...Barbecue squid
So, are you enjoys? Haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you like oysters you should try the one at Yuzu..they have 3 sauces that you can pair it with..yummm

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin