Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Top 10 Favourite Pop Songs Of The 80s

So I’ve had this list on my mind for, well, since the 80s, but have never really made the effort to write it down. Which is kinda weird, since I LOVE lists… Anyway, here it is then. Feel free to agree with me.

10. Every Breath You Take by The Police
Best stalker anthem of all time. And with one of the most memorable bass lines ever. See, you’re already playing it in your mind.

9. Don’t Be Cruel by Bobby Brown
Picad was never the same again after this tune came out. Too bad Bobby’s FUBAR-ed (look it up). Hey, life is cruel, after all.
...

8. With Or Without You by U2
Funny that I appreciated this song more these past 15 years then when it first came out, but it’s a classic no less.

7. Careless Whisper by George Michael
George Michael on his own and he nailed it with this awesome ballad. And I’ve got some pretty private memories attached to this masterpiece. Ahem.

6. In A Big Country by Big Country
Best. (Fake) Bagpipe. Song. Ever.

5. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham!
Yeah, yeah, the dudes wore totally gay hot pants in the video, but only George Michael can write this kind of super catchy stuff. Altogether now, “You put the boom boom into my heart…”

4. The Reflex by Duran Duran
“The Reflex” represents all the best stuff about a typical Duran Duran tune – it’s catchy, danceable, and lyrically perplexing. Flex flex flex flex flex…

3. Beat It by Michael Jackson
Most people prefer “Billie Jean” but “Beat It” is the better song for me. MJ actually looks and acts like a man here, and oh yeah, there’s that bit of awesome solo-ing by Eddie Van Halen to boot.

2. Take On Me by A-Ha
The keyboard lick is genius, and Morten Harket could hit notes that exist only on Mars. And don’t even get me started on the revolutionary music video.
...

1. When Doves Cry by Prince
Yes, I’m probably the biggest Prince fan this side of purple. And “Doves” is my totally favourite Prince tune of all time. It’s catchy, it’s dirty and it’s a damn good song. Period.

Next: My Top 10 Favourite Rock Songs Of The 80s

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wa dah agak dah... prince mesti no. 1.

You remember the arguement we had in form 2... price suck and michael rules? Hahahahaha... price still suck... hahahahhaaaa....

Razreena Razli said...

I'M ALSO LOVE -> SELECTED SONG...
ESP: GEORGE MICHEAL, DURAN DURAN, PRINCE, THE POLICE.. EVEN I'M NOT BORN THIS SONGS RELEASED..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin