Saturday, October 10, 2015

And The Fitness Journey Continues...

It's Hari Sukan Negara today (10/10/2015), so I think it's only appropriate to further share my refreshed fitness journey which began in 2011 when I caught the running bug after signing up as one of the "celebs" to promote and run the first-ever ntv7 Feel Good Run.




The following year, I started a community running project "Larian 40 Taman", which I heavily promoted on the show I was co-hosting on TV3, "Malaysia Hari Ini". The project was a successful one (if I may say so myself), and all 40 runs were completed in a year, which took me to 9 Malaysian states, as well as to Singapore, Melbourne and London.




Apart from my own Larian 40 Taman, I also started taking part in events all over the country, and slightly overseas we well :)




But from 2014 onwards, I decided to do more weight training. I was a lean 77kgs after all the running excursions (which meant I had lost some 15kgs), but my goal was now to add some muscle mass and continue with some cardio. These past two years, I've entered like 2 events annually only, but yes, I do miss the adrenaline and camaraderie of running together with a few thousand other people. 

But weights are my passion now and I hit the gym 3/4 times a week; weekdays at the condo gym and weekends at Fitness First. 



For me as well, that often-heard advice "listen to your body" is something I adhere to. It can be too hectic at work, and the daily commute sometimes takes up to 3 hours, to and fro, so when a good rest is needed, that's exactly what I'll do. 

Also, there are problem areas for me; like my abs. But hey, since I'm not training to compete in any "body cantik" competish, I am down with that. Plus, I try to eat clean most of the time, but that doesn't mean I'm all broiled chicken and broccoli. Still love my burgers and chips!



But yeah, I do feel fitter, Alhamdulillah. I seldom come down with anything, and I just feel better overall. So, if you're still thinking about it, get on the bandwagon right away! It's worth it, I can assure you... : )

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin