Monday, June 15, 2015

Reach Out Run 2015

It was some 10 months ago that I last entered a running event, I.e.: the Kuching International Marathon. And to be honest, I've not done that much cardio since then too, focusing more on weight training. But recently, I did a work event collaboration with IM4Ufm, and since I follow them on social media, I came across their post on this event about a month plus ago. Thinking it'd be good fun, and that I'd have enough time to "train", I signed up for the 5km Fun Run (nak gelak lah tu!).

As it turned out, I only managed a few runs these past couple of weeks, which was kickstarted when I was in Perth for the school holidays. But really, what's the worst that could happen? Walking the whole route? Nothing wrong with that! Hehe.

And so this past Sunday, I made my way to Putrajaya for the event. It was already drizzling when I left the house and it got heavier when I reached the event venue. So, many of us took shelter at one of the buildings and did our stretching there. You can also imagine that it was a pretty cool day, which is just the complete opposite to how humid Putrajaya usually get.


The 10km run was flagged off right on time at 7.30am and then it was time for the Fun Run at 7.45am, which was also participated by the Youth & Sports Minister, YB Khairy.

The route was pretty straight forward and flat. We started at the Palace of Justice, got on to the bridge near PICC, made a u-turn, then ran straight back to where we began. I did an OK time, although it's nowhere near my personal best.


It was also great to bump into quite a few of my ex-Media Prima colleagues there. Overall, a well-organised event that also handed out a nice medal and goodie bag. Well done all!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin