Thursday, January 02, 2014

Hello 2014!

It just seems like yesterday that… ah, I'm sure you know all the cliches about how time really flies, bla bla bla. It's a brand new year, like it or not, and we can be blah about it or we can take this opportunity to revisit or unleash brand spanking new resolutions.

I've got a few of my own. But let me keep most to myself, and just say that I will definitely be picking up from where I left off as far as my physical transformation goes.

Last year, I started working out on a more semi-serious basis, with the dream of a cover model body as a result. Haha. A big asking, I know. But after I was hit by the running bug, which led me to starting the Larian 40 Taman movement, I felt better than ever and was raring to start something else physically challenging.

So, I started to run less and less in 2013. I probably entered three events and although I registered for a few more later in the year, I was just not fit enough for them, having cut down a lot on cardio.

So instead, I spent more time in the gym. I made the switch from Celebrity Fitness to Fitness First and kept a consistent routine while working on perfecting my form and building my general strength.

Things became a bit complicated after I moved on to a new job, though. I used to workout during lunch time, but it was not possible at the new work place. So now, I usually go to the condo gym 2-3 times on weekdays and hit the FF at IOI mall during weekends.


Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the progress I've made. I feel good, and the tshirts are getting tighter. Haha. So the goal now is just to keep going and see how ripped I can get. Yes, that also means eating "cleaner", which is not always the easiest thing to do.


I must admit that I do miss running, though. Especially running in events where the adrenaline usually pushes you past your limits. So I'm also striving to slot in a bit more running time, although not too much, so as not to lose what I gain in the gym.

Wish me luck and have a great year ahead!

4 comments:

Carrie-Ma2 said...

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi, awed by your determination in following through yr resolutions. May the year bring more success at work and play as well as with anak-anak tercinta.

M.Zul said...

Thank u all! :)

Juragan-emas said...

Ho..ho..ho...Mr.K lah sekarang,good luck bro :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin