Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rebecca Black Friday (There's A Pun Somewhere In There, But I Won't Even Bother)

So, after days of resisting the temptation, I finally checked out what the fuss was all about, re: Rebecca Black. What I knew was that she had a song on Youtube and people were saying it was ("super f***ing") bad. To tell you the truth, I actually gave her the benefit of a doubt. I really thought it was people taking the piss of another tenny bopper pop star just because... Until I played the video... Then I got confused. Then sad. Then mad. Then amused. Then confused again. Then sad again...

OK, you get the picture. I wasn't sure if this was a spoof of anything, or that it was a legitimate song and music video. Turns out, it's actually the latter. Which made me confused. Then sad. Then mad... OK, OK, you get the picture. I mean, there's a big difference between being cheesy and just being bad. And Becca's BAD. With a Capital B. I refuse to waste more time searching for literature on the origins of the song, but whatever it is, I can't imagine there's a real explanation for the atrocious lyrics....

Here are some excerpts: Kickin’ in the front seat Sittin’ in the back seat Gotta make my mind up Which seat can I take? Duduk jelah mana2! Tak payah buat lagu, hokaaayyy??? More excerpts (and please be prepared to be dumbfounded): Yesterday was Thursday, ThursdayToday i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin’) We-we-we so excited We so excited We gonna have a ball today Tomorrow is Saturday And Sunday comes after...wards I don’t want this weekend to end I know, she makes ALL of us sound like Shakespeare.

And the lyrics are not even the worst thing about Becca. The worst thing about Becca is Becca herself. Can't sing for nuts, her voice has been autotuned to sound like Twiki from Buck Rogers. Only Twiki had more personality and style. I hate to do this, but I must now subject all of you to this mess. Go on, do it!!!  

.

3 comments:

Che Kay said...

Akhirnya En M.Zul pun terjebak mendengarnnya...

Anonymous said...

i had refused to watch the video but now, this is payback ... if Bob Dylan had sung Friday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM

Fowler is God

M.Zul said...

more than 60 million views for the video already. crazy!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin