Monday, September 24, 2012

Greenwich Peninsula

Unlike the past two weekends, I decided just to stay in London and explore somewhere closer to where I'm staying. And the tube station of choice was North Greenwich, just four stops away from London Bridge.

The main attraction was of course the o2 Arena. I knew that it was an indoor arena for events, but I didn't know how big the whole place was and that you could spend hours lepaking there. Anyway, I caught sight of the magnificent structure just as I got out of the station. It helped that the weather on Saturday was still bright and beautiful, so it was a perfect day for photo-taking...






One of the main attractions of the o2 now is the "Up at the o2" where visitors could walk up on the dome and enjoy a spectacular 360 views of London. Yup, I was definitely interested in it, but the queue was pretty long and was told later that it would be better to book online first.


And here are some of the indoor views...




Some of the world's major stars including Bon Jovi and Britney Spears have performed here,  and it's also used for sporting events. As you can see, there are various restaurants and bars here, and also a cinema complex. I managed to catch a movie there as well as visiting the Britain's Museum of Popular Music featuring the Bob Marley Exhibition and the British Music Experience.

But the most spectacular views for me were when I stepped out again to walk along the Thames. The highlight was definitely the cable cars in the clouds...















Definitely it was a nice and relaxing day out. Would have been perfect if I had the fam around...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin