Friday, October 07, 2011

Changing Lifestyles

Nope, I'm not talking about the upcoming Budget and how life has been hard on our pockets (probably I should though), but more on the physical needs of it. They say Health is Wealth (don't ask me who "they" are, just read lah), and a few month back I decided to return to a more active lifestyle for my own sake. (It was also because I agreed to do the ntv7 Feel Good Run, and I didn't want to create a scene by passing out during the event, but let's keep that on a downlow).

I mean, once upon a time, I was fit as a fiddle. If I wasn't out there hitting the gym or shooting some hoops, I would be restless as hell.


But for the past few years, I've been hit by the lazy bug, to be honest. And of course, doing 2, 3 different jobs on a daily basis doesn't really give me time to spare for other activities. Especially those that require the changing of clothes and actually getting off my butt to do. The magazine and iPad are better alternatives, thank you.

But since I started running on a regular basis, I'm relishing that feeling of being fit and lean again. And seriously, I never thought that even competing in a 5km run would even be possible just a few months back. So, woo-freakin'-hoo.


And the great thing is, I feel like I'm not done yet. I need to get out more and do more stuff, especially when the big 4-0 is just around the corner.

So, what's next? Wifey did ask me a few days back if I was gonna take up golf. My response? "Pfffttt" with a big fat "P". I told her that I'm looking to do more "lasak" stuff, and not something my fat-ass colleagues at the office can do (I'm kidding only, don't lah too sensitive. Haha). So I'm thinking of one of two things, or maybe both.

1. Trail running. It's running (and walking), but in jungles and stuff. Looks robust and challenging, and I'm up for it. I'm not a jungle-y person to be honest, but I think it will be great fun.


2. Cycling. It's a toss-up between the road and mountain bike, but I'm currently learning towards the latter. Been checking out the web on cycling groups and communities in the country and the scene is definitely thriving. I would need to invest some moolah though as a good bike would cost at least RM1.5k. Then I would need the other accessories including helmets, tights and jockstraps (kan?). But I'm game for it.


 So like I always say: Do watch this space...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cycling ... always wanted to do it but never learned to cycling hahaha

Fowler is God, but Kenny will always be King

M.Zul said...

what? u're joking right?

Anonymous said...

mana nak joke2 about this

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin