Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My "Love" Affair In Jakarta (part I)

No, no, it’s nothing like what you’re thinking.

You see, there’s this new Indonesian film, simply titled “Love” and I was fortunate enough to be part of a high-powered entourage (konon lah) from Malaysia who got to attend the premiere gala in Jakarta just yesterday.

The film boasts a stellar (and spectacularly beautiful) cast, which includes Luna Maya, Wulan Guritno and Acha Septriasa (got men also lah, but their names escape me now).

I actually arrived on Monday and was wowed by the hotel I was booked in – the Mulia Senayan

It’s so fancy schmancy, the room even had this…

And the view's pretty breathtaking

With time to kill the next day, I decided to walk to the nearest shopping district in Senayan. And along the way, I discovered that swan dress-wearing Bjork was scheduled to perform in Jakarta that very night. “Hey, maybe she’ll pop by the event later”, I thought to myself. “No she won’t, dumbass,” I thought further

45 kazillion burnt calories later, I reached my destination

And the first thing I did of course was to look for food. Something local was in my plans and I settled for Mee Rebus Jawa, seeing how I'm an official Mee Rebus aficionado. And the verdict? Pretty bland and blah, I must say

To make up for the disappointment, I headed to Senayan City next door looking for... Krispy Kreme donuts! And by God, my faith in food was restored!


Mmm... Donuts

A couple hours later, it was time to head back to the hotel and that was when I felt that "Love" was defintely in the air...

And at the backseat of my taxi...

Coming up! Part II. Duh.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin