Tuesday, October 01, 2024

A B*B* Story


The first piece in the 1997 book "Generation" that I'm currently reading is by Amir Muhammad and is titled "A Khinzir's Eye View". It's about how, one day, the word "babi" was thoroughly replaced by the more polite (and "almost glamorous" according to Amir), "khinzir", in our local media. 


This reminded me of something that happened years back when I was hosting Malaysia Hari Ini on TV3.

It was an episode near CNY, and my co-host and I were talking about what animal year it was according to the Chinese calendar, and what it meant for the people who were born in the year of that particular animal. 

Then, my co-host (who shall remain nameless) asked me, "MZul lahir tahun apa?"

I just smiled and said, "Tak perlulah tahu."

But she didn't give up. "Alah, ceritalah. Mzul lahir tahun apa?"

"Takpelah, nanti saya cerita lain kali."

She refused to give up. "Ceritalah, penonton semua nak tahu."

I didn't know what else to say, so I went to: "Ok, kita rehat seketika, jumpa lagi selepas ini."

As we went into the commercial break, I turned to her and said, "Alah you ni, I lahir tahun Babi lah."

The End 🤣🤣

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin